My All-time-favorite Christmas Bake
You know how much I LOVE Christmas. 🎄You might already be able to tell from those two christmas recipes I posted last week, including Caramel Pretzel Chocolate Bark and Matcha Vegan White Chocolate. 🎅🏻Today, I am super excited to share with you my all-time favorite festive/ Christmas recipe – Gingerbread Brownies. 🍪Since this brownie is made with molasses and lots of Christmas spices, it is perfect for dessert after a delicious Christmas dinner! 🍰Honestly, is there anything more Christmas-y than combination of molasses, chocolate and christmas spices?😚
Vegan Christmas Guide 🎄
Since Christmas is coming soon, there will be lots of parties and gatherings you may need to go.🎉 And as a vegan, these occasions are in fact an amazing opportunity to show people how tasty vegan food can be. Luckily, here I have listed out some of my recipes that are suitable for these gatherings, including this recipe that I will be sharing with you today for the first time – Flourless Gingerbread Brownie.💃🏻
1. Vegan Chickpea tuna salad with sourdough bread
2. Ultimate Vegan Winter Salad
3. Pumpkin Soup
1. Creamy Beetroot Almond Pasta
2. Vegan Alfredo Pasta
3. Vegan Frittata
4. Vegan Sourdough Pizza
If you wish to challenge yourself and impress your guests even more, you can try making the Vegan Sourdough Pizza recipe!
1. Vegan protein brownies
2. Vegan Parfait with Nutella Mousse
3. Vegan Coffee & Caramel Cake
4. Chocolate Chips Maca Cookies
5. Raw Vegan Snicker Bars
6. Caramel Pretzel Chocolate Bark
7. Matcha Vegan White Chocolate
8. Gingerbread Brownie (recipe below)
Healthy, Vegan & Gluten-free 🌱
If you know we well, you know I always love developing healthy vegan recipes without sacrificing the taste. And this is no exception. In this recipe, given that only ground up oats and chickpea flours was used, it is flourless and naturally gluten-free. 😌As for the sweetener, I used molasses and applesauce, which also serves as an oil substitution here. Now you may wonder, if there is no oil used in this recipe, is it another disappointing brownie recipe that yields a dry and crumbly outcome? I can assure you that this is by no means the case.🙌🏻
Despite no eggs, no butter and no oil was used in this recipe, this flourless gingerbread brownie is super moist, fudgy and most importantly, with a crispy top. 😎This recipe is indeed inspired by a zucchini bread recipe I was testing a few weeks ago (don’t worry, I will post the recipe soon!). I added one whole zucchini in the brownie and before you reject the idea of zucchini in a brownie. Let me tell you that no one, and I mean NO ONE, realise the existence of it! 😏I gave this brownie to my friends and families for taste test and all of them love it without even noticing that they are that healthy!😉
Vegan Christmas Guide ft. Gingerbread BrowniesCourse: DessertCuisine: FestiveDifficulty: Medium
- Dry Ingredients
1 cup rolled oats (gluten-free if necessary)
1/3 cup chickpea flour
1/2 cup raw cacao powder
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 Tbsp maca powder
2 tsp ground coffee (optional)
- Wet Ingredients
1 medium zucchini (shredded)
5/6 cup applesauce
1/4 cup molasses
2 Tbsp maple syrup or agave syrup
1/4 cup plant milk
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp each of ground ginger and ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp each of ground clove and allspice
1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 175°C and line 2 loaf pans with parchment paper, or you can also use one rectangular casserole baking tray.
- Shred a zucchini and try to squeeze as much water out from the shredded zucchini as possible. Leave it aside for later use.
- Place all dry ingredients in a food processor and process until the mixture is super fine.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix all wet ingredients well.
- Gently fold in the dry ingredients and mix until everything is incorporated.
- Fold in 1 cup of vegan chocolate chips and pour the mixture in your desired baking pans (about 1-1.5 inch high).
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40-45 mins or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the brownie came out clean.