Woohoo! Christmas comes early! Fit Mixes surprised me by sending 3 packs of protein ball mix in a parcel yesterday ❤️An idea then immediately sprung up my mind, wouldn’t it be great if I use the Cookie Dough Protein Ball Mix as the base of a raw snicker? I have always wanted to make some healthy snicker bars for myself and here comes the chance 🤪
Given that they are made with Fit Mixes, it is justifiable enough to name them Snicker Protein Bars! What’s better than having a raw vegan snicker bar? Definitely the one that is rich in protein, at the same time tasting as delicious as the actual snicker bar. I also used the medjool dates and macadamia butter I bought in the Source Bulk Foods. These snicker bars are a HUGE success as everyone who tasted it were absolutely in love with it and asked for the recipe. Sorry for delaying a bit in posting the recipe as I was kind of busy last week. But here it comes (finally)!
The snicker bars are also an AMAZING topping for nice cream bowl. Y U M!
I used a 15cm x 4 cm plastic box as the pan
This recipe makes around 6 bars
62 g Fit Mixes Cookie Dough Protein Ball Mix
1 Tbsp coconut oil
1 Tbsp coconut nectar
1 tsp water
Raw Caramel layer:
10 Medjool dates
1 heaped Tbsp macadamia butter (or any other nut butter)
1/2 cup raw cacao powder
1/4 cup shredded cacao butter
1/4 cup coconut oil
For the biscuit base:
- In a medium bowl, mix all ingredients well until it obtains a dough-like texture. Add more water if needed.
- Line the pan with baking sheets. Press the mixture into the bottom of the pan firmly and place the pan into the freezer while you are making the raw caramel.
For the raw caramel:
- Pit the dates and place them into a food processor. Process until it turns into a date paste.
- Add in your choice of nut butter and process until it is incorporated into the paste.
- Take the pan out of the freezer and spoon the caramel mixture on top of the biscuit base
- Put it back to the freezer for 1 hour until both layers are hardened and ready to cut.
For the chocolate coating:
- Melt the cacao butter using the double boiler method.
- Mix everything in a small bowl until smooth.
- Remove the pan from the freezer and cut it into 6 even slices
- Using a fork, dip the bars into the chocolate mixture. Drip off the excess chocolate mixture and place them into a baking tray.
- Repeat with the remaining bars and freeze for 30 mins until the chocolate coating is set.
- Sprinkle with cranberry powder and matcha powder ( I used the one from Matcha Maiden ) and enjoy! 💃🏻