Although it is already towards the end of November which is supposed to be Autumn, the weather in Hong Kong is still so hot. I was still sweating at home in the afternoon with my short sleeves on. It seems that there is really something wrong with our planet 😞However, it won’t stop me from creating my own fall feeling at home. Since Autumn is the PUMPKIN season and pumpkin is one of my favorite veggies, I created this pumpkin pie porridge recipe so that I can at least experience some feeling of the fall in the morning, when the temperature is not yet too insanely high 🙌🏻 This recipe, similar to my other porridge recipes are simple, requires just a little number of ingredients and quick. So, please give it a try no matter what temperature you are having at your place. I promise you that you’ll definitely love it and won’t be disappointed.
150 ml unsweetened almond milk (or any non-diary milk)
1/4 cup water
3 Tbsp coconut flour
2 Tbsp shredded coconut
1 Apple (diced)
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 cup raisins
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp pumpkin spice
1 tsp Organic Burst Maca powder
1 tsp vanilla powder
1 tsp carob powder (optional but highly recommend)
- Add almond milk, coconut flour and shredded coconut in a pot at medium heat. Stir well and bring to a boil.
- Add 1/4 of water to the mixture if it is too dry. Mix well and bring to another boil.
- Turn to low heat and add the apple chunks, raisins and pumpkin puree to the pot.
- Stir to mix the ingredients well in the pot and allow it to simmer in the pot for around 5 minutes.
- Add cinnamon powder and pumpkin spice to the porridge mixture and stir slightly
- Turn the heat off, add vanilla powder, carob powder and maca powder and mix until everything is incorporated.
- Top with your favorite toppings and enjoy!