Recently, cherries are available everywhere as they are now in season and the prices are so affordable. I usually buy a bunch of them, pit them and then freeze them. This way, they are easily ready when I want to make some cherry nice cream. True, Nice cream is undeniably delicious and comforting. Yet, sometimes I just crave for some warm pre-workout fuel. Therefore, I created this recipe of black forest cherry coconut porridge. And one thing I love cooking porridge is that I can add whatever flavours I like to make them taste like different kinds of dessert, such as berry coconut cake, mocha etc. To me, it’s just a much simpler way to make desserts without all those preparation and waiting time 🤣✌🏻
3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/4 cup water
3 Tbsp coconut flour
2 Tbsp shredded coconut
1 Apple (diced)
1/2 Zucchini (shredded)
1 cup pitted cherries
1 tsp cinnamon
2 Tbsp The Super Elixir Nourishing Protein by Welleco
1 tsp Organic Burst Maca powder
1 Tbsp coconut oil from Coconut Matter
- Add almond mylk, coconut flour and shredded coconut in a pot at medium heat. Stir well and bring to a boil.
- Add 1/4 of water to the mixture if it is too dry. Mix well and bring to another boil. (water will be released from the zucchini once you added them to the pot, so don’t worry too much when you see the mixture being a bit on dry side)
- Turn to low heat and add the apple chunks and shredded zucchini to the pot.
- Mix the ingredients well in the pot and allow it to simmer in the pot for around 5 minutes.
- Add the pitted cherries and cinnamon powder to the porridge mixture and stir slightly
- Turn the heat off, add The Super Elixir Nourishing Protein, maca powder and coconut oil and mix until everything is incorporated.
- Top with your favorite toppings and enjoy!