Have you ever experienced being extremely tired in the morning as if you haven’t slept at all during the night? If so, this mocha porridge is the perfect pick YOU up breakfast, as it has everything you need to brighten up your day. Most importantly, it is super creamy thanks to the hemp milk and coconut flour and full of textures given by the apple chunks and shredded zucchinis. The natural sweetness from coconut flour and apples will ensure you that no sugar is needed to sweeten it up. It has become one of my favorite breakfast these days as I have to keep energetic for my internship 🙆🏻♀️
3/4 cup Hemp milk (or any non-diary milk)
1/4 cup water
3 Tbsp coconut flour
2 Tbsp shredded coconut
1 Apple (diced)
1/2 Zucchini (shredded)
1 Mango (optional)
1 tsp cinnamon
1 sachet of Four Sigmatic Mushroom Coffee
1 tsp Organic Burst Maca powder
1 Tbsp raw cacao powder from Big Tree Farms
- Mix hemp milk, coconut flour and shredded coconut in a pot at medium heat. Stir well and bring to a boil.
- Pour in 1/4 of water to the mixture if it is too dry. Mix well and bring to another boil. (water will be released from the zucchini once you added them to the pot, so don’t worry too much when you see the mixture being a bit on dry side)
- Turn to low heat and add the apple chunks and shredded zucchini to the pot.
- Mix the ingredients well in the pot and allow it to simmer in the pot for around 5 minutes.
- Add the mango chunks and cinnamon powder to the porridge mixture and stir slightly
- Turn the heat off, add Four Sigma Foods’ mushroom coffee, cacao powder and maca powder and mix until everything is incorporated.
- Top with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Friendly reminder: Raw cacao nibs and goji berries go really well with this coconut porridge 🍫❤️