Have been exploring more possible ways in integrating baobab into my daily food recently. This mango baobab zucchini oats is one of my recent favorite item for breakfast. This recipe is inspired and adapted from the amazing vegan food blogger Oh She Glows.
1/4 cup gluten-free oats
3/4 cup unsweetened almond mylk
1/4 cup water
1 apple, chopped
1 tsp ground cinnamon
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup packed finely grated zucchini
1 tbsp chia seeds
1 heaped tsp Baobab powder ( I used the one from Aduna)
1 tbsp raisins
1 tsp coconut sugar
1 tsp vanilla powder
- Add almond mylk and oats to a medium sized pot and bring to a boil.
- Turn to medium heat and add the chopped apple, grated zucchini, raisins and mango chunks (reserve some for topping). Simmer and stirring frequently for about 3 minutes. Add 1/4 cup of water if the oat is too dry.
- Add cinnamon, chia seeds, baobab powder and coconut sugar. Turn to low heat and cook until it thickens, around 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla powder
- Pour into a bowl and top with mango trunks and anything you like, such as almond yogurt, dried fruits, bee pollen, raw cacao nibs and goji berries
- Enjoy! ❤️