Valentine’s Day is just around the corner! If you are still wondering about what to buy for your beloved one or planning to spend a huge amount of money on that day, why not make by yourself? Handmade gifts are always the best way to show your love to the others. Here I have a recipe for all of you on this very special occasion. These tiny little truffles are so simple (they just require 5 ingredients), easy to make (it’s a one bowl recipe and you just need a food processor), and most importantly, they are delicious and you can customise your own based on your lover’s preferences. For example, if he/ she loves hazelnuts, then you can substitute the kind of nuts used in this recipe by hazelnuts, or you can even place a piece of hazelnut inside the truffle for extra crunchiness. Possibilities are countless and isn’t it a good way to show your care and understanding on your lover? Ok, let’s get started! ❤️
1 cup nuts or seeds (here I used 1/2 cup sunflower seeds and 1/2 cup pecan nuts)
1 cup pitted dates + 2 medjool dates
3 Tbsp grapefruit juice
2 Tbsp grapefruit zest
3 Tbsp raw cacao powder
- Place the nuts and seeds in a food processor and process until ground, then transfer the grounded nuts and seeds into a large bowl
- Place the dates in the food processor and process until smooth
- Add the grounded nuts and seeds bit by bit into the food processor and process until they are well mixed together to form a dough-like mixture. Do the same for other ingredients.
- Using a spoon to scoop out 1 Tbsp of the mixture and roll it into a ball, then coat it with either carob powder or shredded coconut and repeat with the rest of the mixture.
- You can eat it right away or store it in the fridge before serving if you prefer a harder truffle 🍫
Show Comments Close Comments