Last-Minute Christmas Gift Idea
No time to buy Christmas gift? Or are you planning to make something special for your friends on Christmas? I got you covered. Last year, I wrote about Best Vegan-friendly Gifts For The Holiday. This year, I want to share with you my go-to vegan granola recipe with a Christmas twist – hence the Vegan Christmas Granola. This recipe is not only simple and easy to make, but it also shows that you put extra thought into whatever’s wrapped beneath the tree.
For more homemade vegan treats idea:
- Caramel Pretzel Chocolate Bark
- Sourdough Shokupan
- Blueberry Basque Burnt Cheesecake
- Christmas Gingerbread Brownie
- Vegan Snickers
- Gluten-free Vegan Pocky (2-ingredient)
- The Best Banana Bread (Vegan & GF)
- Chocolate Chip Maca Cookie
- Double Chocolate Sourdough (aka Brownie Bread)
The Perfect Gift To Impress Your Friends
The best thing about this Christmas granola is that no one will be able to tell it’s vegan thanks to Miyoko’s cultured vegan butter. You can either make it for yourself for Christmas breakfast or give it to your friends as Christmas gifts. If you are making it as gifts, simply place it into some small candy jars and decorate with a Christmassy little tag. This works well not only as stocking stuffers, but it would also be perfect as part of a Christmas hamper.
Easily Customizable To Your Preference
You can easily customize this recipe to your own or the gift receiver’s preference. For example, I used hazelnuts, almonds and pecan nuts in this recipe. But you can use any other kinds of nuts or seeds you preferred. The same goes for dried fruits, you can substitute cranberries for any dried fruits such as raisins, dates and apricots. You can also add some chocolate chips if you are feeling fancy. Be creative and make it your own!
Vegan Christmas Granola (Easy Christmas Gift Idea)Course: BreakfastCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
This recipe is not only simple and easy to make, but it also shows that you put extra thought into whatever’s wrapped beneath the tree.
- Dry Ingredients
6 cups oats (use gluten-free one if necessary)
1/2 cup sugar
3/2 cups dried cranberries
2 cups pecans (halved)
1 cup almonds (halved)
1 cup hazelnuts (halved)
2/3 tsp salt
- Wet Ingredients
1/2 cup vegan butter (melted)
Zest from 1 orange
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp ceylon cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp nutmeg
4 Tbsp blackstrap molasses
- Preheat oven to 160ºC (320ºF).
- Place all dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix well.
- In another mixing bowl, mix all wet ingredients together well.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the large mixing bowl with dry ingredients and make sure all dry ingredients are evenly coated.
- Pour the mixture onto a baking tray, spread them evenly.
- Bake in the oven 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, turn the tray. Then bake for another 10 minutes.
Once it’s cooked, remove it from the oven and leave to cool completely then store in airtight glass containers.
This granola can then be kept at room temperature for 2-4 weeks.
- Now, take the tray out from the oven, stir the mixture so that the granola underneath are now at the top. Bake for another 3 minutes.
- Remove it from the oven and leave to cool completely. Store in airtight glass containers.
- This granola can then be kept at room temperature for up to a month.