The Perfect Weekend Breakfast
Like most of you, I used to love having pancakes for breakfast. 🥞 Afterall, what’s better than a fluffy stack of pancake with toppings of your choice? Decorating pancakes made me feel like a kid in a candy store. If you are a massive pancake lover like me, then this apple cinnamon vegan dutch baby pancake recipe is for you!
Check here for more vegan breakfast recipes! 😚
Dutch Baby Pancake = No Fuss Pancake
One slight “setback” of having pancakes for breakfast is that it requires a lot of effort and time. From making the batter to cooking the pancake, from waiting to flip the pancake to decorating the pancakes. And don’t forget to account for the time you need to cleanup the aftermath in the kitchen.
Fortunately, if you are reading this right now, you are in luck. This recipe is simple and easy. All you have to do is to blend the wet ingredients together, mix it with the dry ingredients. Then, bake it in a preheated cast iron skillet for 25 minutes. No waiting time, no flipping required and no more throwing about the first pancake.
An Absolute Crowd Pleaser
This vegan dutch baby pancake is perfect for brunch, especially if you are preparing it for more than 2 people. It’s basically a fluffy giant pancake in a skillet. One advantage of serving it on a cast iron skillet is that it will be kept warm on the table. Whereas if you are making pancakes, they usually turn cold after you finished decorating them.
For this recipe, I paired the vegan dutch baby pancake with caramelized cinnamon apples. Caramelized cinnamon apples are perfect fall as the smell itself already made me feel so cozy and happy. You can also serve it with vegan yogurt, cashew cream or melted chocolate. Any toppings you would normally use on your pancakes work perfectly well here, so just be creative and have fun!
Vegan Apple Cinnamon Dutch Baby Pancake (Gluten-free)Course: BreakfastCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
A fluffy, giant pancake in a skillet.
- Dutch Baby Pancake
- Place the skillet you’re using on a middle rack to warm along with the oven. Preheat oven to 175ºC.
- In a high speed blender, blend all wet ingredients until the mixture is frothy and fluffy.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Pour the mixture into the bowl of dry ingredients. Fold until everything is incorporated and you get a smooth batter. The consistency of this batter will be slightly runnier than a pancake batter, more like a crepe batter.
- Take the preheated skillet from the oven and coat it with 1 Tbsp vegan butter.
- Pour the batter into the skillet and bake in the oven for 25 minutes until it’s puff up and gold brown.
- Caramelized Cinnamon Apple
- While the pancake is baking, make the caramelized cinnamon apple.
- Heat a pan over medium high heat and melt the 2 Tbsp vegan butter.
- Turn the heat to medium low. Add sliced apples, maple sugar and cinnamon, sauté until the apples are soft and coated with the cinnamon maple sugar mixture.