Easy & Fool-proof
I got a lot of questions on how to make my favorite crispy tofu without having the tofu sticking on the pan or baking tray and without using any oil. And the answer is: BAKE IT! This 5-ingredient Teriyaki Tofu is indeed very simple, requires not much work and most importantly, this method fool-proof and tastes super delicious!
No Oil Required
One thing about tofu is that they can stick to the pan so easily, even if you use oil. Also, they are so soft that you can easily break it when you are flipping it. Many people suggest using more oil to prevent tofu from sticking. But I, personally prefer baking them. Since water from the tofu will be evaporated while baking, the texture of tofu will harden., making it less prone to breaking. And with the help of a silicon mat, the tofu will never stick to the pan!
This teriyaki tofu goes well with literally everything! I love having them in my nourish bowls, sandwiches and salads. 🥗 Once baked, these tofu slices can be stored in the fridge for up to a week. You can serve them warm or cold 😋
Fool-proof Crispy Baked Teriyaki Tofu (Vegan, Gluten-free, Oil-free)Course: AppetizersCuisine: JapaneseDifficulty: Easy
What you need:
Silicon mat, Baking tray, Oven
- Drain the tofu. Cut them into slices of around 1 cm thick. Place them between two layers of kitchen towel or kitchen paper for at least 30 minutes. Place a slightly heavy object such as a large bowl to press most of the water out of the tofu. This drives out some of the water content in the tofu and prevents sticking.
- Preheat oven to 200 °C.
- Mix all the ingredients of the Teriyaki sauce.
- Cut tofu into slices (around 1 cm per slice).
- Gently brush your choice of seasonings on both sides of the tofu slices.
- Place the seasoned tofu slices on a baking tray lined with silicon mat. This is essential to prevent the sticking of tofu on the tray.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Flip and bake for another 15 minutes or until the desired crispiness is obtained.
- Now you made yourself some delicious crispy baked tofu and you can use them for sandwiches, in nourish bowls or just have them alone because sometimes I love having these as snacks 😆