As the temperature continues to drop, I love making more heart-warming and wholesome savoury dishes. People often ask me how do I cook certain vegetables, as they are hard to “taste good”. Fennels and brussel sprouts are two popular ones among them. I personally enjoy them in whatever form 😆 Moreover, I think it would be a good idea to be whipping up a delicious and heartwarming winter salad with these two, together with one of my favorite ingredients of late – Turmeric. Turmeric is so nutritious to you that it has powerful anti-inflammatory effects and is a very strong antioxidant. I start incorporating them into my diets in the past few months, including sweet or savoury dishes, and I felt more energising 😃
1/2 fennel bulb
1 pound brussel sprouts
1/2 cup roasted chickpeas (recipe here)
1/2 tsp turmeric
Juice from 1/2 lime
1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 Tbsp coconut amino
Pinch of sea salt
1-2 bowls baby spinach
Handful of grilled tempeh (recipe here)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Cut fennel into wedges, place into a bowl and toss with 1/2 tsp turmeric, pinch of sea salt sea salt and lime juice from 1/2 lime. Place them onto a lined baking tray.
- Bake for 30 mins while flipping halfway through.
- In a small bowl, mix 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar and 1 Tbsp coconut amino.
- Trim the end of brussel sprout, slice in half and place them into a medium mixing bowl.
- Pour the balsamic mixture into the brussels sprouts
- Roast in oven for 20-25 min until tender. Stirring occasionally.
- Once everything is baked, toss together everything together and drizzle with some tahini and goji berries