As the weather is getting cooler, I find a stronger craving for a warm breakfast. I have always wanted to make something with oats and my sourdough starter, but I don’t know what to do with them. Luckily, I’ve got an idea springing to my mind yesterday. I decided to experiment with it and see how it goes. It turns out to be a huge success! This recipe is a tad more time-consuming than my other ones, but it is so worth it as it literally tastes like a cake!
1/2 cup gluten-free oats
1/2 cup gluten-free sourdough starter
1/3 cup water
In the morning:
1 tsp coconut sugar
1 ripe persimmon (or sub 1 mashed banana)
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp turmeric
- The night before you want to have your oats, add the overnight sponge ingredients into a medium bowl and let it sit overnight.
- In the morning, preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- In an oven safe bowl or ramekin, mix together all the ingredients. Cover it with an aluminium foil and place it into the oven.
- Bake it for 30 minutes with the foil on and another 30 mins without the foil (total 1 hour).
- When the surface is dried out and golden brown, your oats is ready! Serve it with some fresh fruits and you are ready to go 😚
Show Comments Close Comments