Sorry for lacking of posts recently as I have been super busy working for my own bakery – Sourdough Diary, selling gluten-free & vegan sourdough creations 😆 YES! It finally comes true after talking about it for ages! The best thing about maintaining a sourdough business is that I got to make lots of sourdough creations at my kitchen without having to make a sourdough starter from scratch 😉 So after experimenting with the fluffiest sourdough pancake recipe, I’m proud to announce here today that I finally found the PERFECT PANCAKE RECIPE and it happens to be vegan & gluten-free as well too! The only thing that might bother you is that this recipe requires some preparation work the night before, but trust me, it’s totally worth it!
1/2 cup 100% sourdough starter (I used brown rice starters)
1/2 cup oat flour
75 ml unsweetened almond milk
1 Tbsp maple syrup
1 flax egg
1 tsp lavender (dried)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- On the night before, in a medium bowl, mix together the sourdough starter, oat flour, almond milk and maple syrup. Cover and let it sit over night.
- On the next morning, add in the other ingredients (except baking soda and blueberries), mix well.
- Heat a non-stick pan under medium heat. Then, gently fold in the baking soda and blueberries into the batter.
- When the pan is hot enough, pour in 1/4 cup of the batter. Fry under low heat for around 1.5 min (or until the surface is bubbly and the circumference has dried out).
- Carefully flip and fry the other side for another 1 minute.
- Layer them with fruits or nut butter or tofu mousse and enjoy!