Yay! Finally the sun is out after several rainy and gloomy weekends, so I decided to go for a long run. And before the training, I need something quick and delicious, which can also fuel me up with sufficient protein and carbs. Therefore, I made these Chocolate Coffee brownie pancakes with hemp protein, teff flour and cacao powder.
1/2 cup hemp protein powder
1/4 cup teff flour
2 heaped Tbsp drinking chocolate (or raw cacao powder)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
1 Tbsp coconut sugar (reduce the amount of sugar if you are using banana instead of chia eggs)
1 1/2 tsp psyllium husk
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 Tbsp ground coffee
1 chia egg (1 Tbsp ground chia + 3 Tbsp water) (or 1 mashed banana)
3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 Tbsp coconut oil for frying
Avocado chocolate mousse
Dehydrated orange slices
Dehydrated apple slices
- In a large bowl, place all dry ingredients and mix well.
- In another bowl, mix chia eggs (or mashed bananas) and almond milk, mix well and add to the dry ingredients.
- Mix everything well using a whisker.
- Preheat a non-stick pan on medium heat. Add a little bit of coconut oil to the pan.
- Add about 1 heaped Tbsp of batter to the pan, place a slice of dehydrated orange on top of the pancake. Cook for a about the 1 minute on one side, flip, and cook for one more minute on the other side.
- Top with avocado chocolate mousse and raw cacao nibs. Enjoy! 😋
Show Comments Close Comments