Sorry for MIA for a while. I’ve been busy working and planning my marathon schedule ahead! And guess what, my next destination will be STOCKHOLM 💃🏻I will visiting in June for the marathon and I’m beyond excited about it as it will be my very first time visiting Europe. 🏃🏻♀️Feel free to tell me any tips or recommendations on places to go in Stockholm.
Ok. So many of my friends and followers told me that they just don’t wanna wake up too early in the morning, but they would like to prepare their own breakfast. Finally here comes this recipe! This breakfast bowl is on my routine breakfast menu (besides smoothie bowls). Just 15-min preparation time, no cooking required, all you have to do is to prepare it the night before and leave it in the fridge overnight. And ta-daa! Here you get a simple yet delicious and super nutritious breakfast in the morning that will fuel you for the whole morning until lunch. You can also warm it before serving if you prefer a warm breakfast, especially during winter days.
This bowl consists of two parts, black currant raw tigernut porridge and fluffy chocolate tofu mousse, you can either make them separately or have them together like me, which I highly recommend, coz they just go along soooo well 😆
Tigernut is indeed a new thing to me. Despite being called as a “nut”, tigernut is in fact a vegetable (starchy tuber) that is full of fiber, protein and magnesium, which makes it perfect for active people like me who workout nearly everyday. Being naturally gluten-free, it is also allergen-free, so people with any dietary restrictions can have this. The best thing about Tigernut is that it is naturally sweet in taste, which means that it is perfect to be used in dessert recipes.
This recipe makes 2 servings
Black Currant Raw Tigernut Porridge
300ml unsweetened almond milk (or any other non-dairy milk)
4 Tbsp chia seeds (from Organic Burst)
4 Tbsp Tigernut flakes (from Organic Gemini)
1 heaped tsp berry powder (I used Arctic Power Berries’ black currant powder, you can also use acai powder)
1/2 tsp vanilla powder
1 chopped dried figs
1 tsp coconut nectar (optional)
Stir-in (optional but highly recommended!!)
1/2 cup blueberries
1/4 cup mango chunks
- Simply place everything in an empty glass jar and mix them well until everything is combined and an appealing purple color is seen.
- Leave it on the table for 5 minutes and then stir it again to prevent the chia seeds from sticking to the bottom of the jar. Keep it in the fridge overnight.
Fluffy Chocolate Tofu Mousse
1 block silken tofu
1/4 cup coconut water (or more if needed)
1 Tbsp almond butter (from Nutty Buddy)
1 tsp psyllium husk (optional but highly recommended, this is the key ingredient for the fluffiness of the mousse)
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 heaped Tbsp raw cacao powder (I used 1 Tbsp Raiz The Bar drinking chocolate and 1 Tbsp raw cacao powder)
2 pitted medjool dates
- Place everything into a food processor and process until smooth. Add more water to achieve your desired consistency. The texture should resemble that of yogurt. You can have it right away, but I prefer chilling it in the fridge for at least 2 hours (or overnight) until set.
Assembling the bowl
- In the next morning, place half portion of the raw tigernut porridge in your favorite bowl. Mix in 1/2 cup of blueberries and some mango chunks (optional but highly recommended!!).
- Spoon half of the tofu mousse and top with seasonal fruits and your choice of toppings. Cacao nibs, goji berries or some crushed nuts will be good ideas.