December is my favorite month in a year! Not only because Christmas is in December, but it’s also my BIRTHDAY! Last Sunday is my birthday and so I made this Acai Cranberry Chia Porridge on this special occasion. It’s a very successful creation despite it’s only my first trial. Hence, I really can’t wait to share this recipe with you and make it again for myself this week! This bowl of porridge does not only look good due to it’s purplish color, it’s also filled with anti-oxidants given by the acai powder and cranberry. I also added some chopped clementines to it to give it some orangy flavors. Most importantly, the smell and taste of cranberry is just so festive that it makes me so happy.
3 Tbsp coconut flour
2 Tbsp shredded coconuts
1/2 cup cranberries
3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/4 cup water
1 small green apple (or 1/2 large one)
1 tsp vanilla powder
1 tsp Acai powder
1 Tbsp raisins
1 Tbsp coconut nectar (optional, depending on the sweetness of the cranberries)
- Shred the zucchini and cut the green apple into chunks
- Add almond milk, coconut flour and shredded coconut in a pot at medium heat. Stir well and bring to a boil.
- Add 1/4 of water to the mixture if it is too dry. Mix well and bring to another boil. (water will be released from the zucchini once you added them to the pot, so don’t worry too much when you see the mixture being a bit on dry side)
- Turn to low heat and add the green apple chunks, raisins and shredded zucchini to the pot.
- Mix the ingredients well in the pot and allow it to simmer in the pot for around 3 minutes. Keep stirring from time to time to prevent the bottom from burning.
- Add the cranberries and chopped clementines to the porridge mixture, keep simmering the porridge until it turns into an appealing and lovely PURPLE color!
- Turn the heat off, add vanilla powder and acai powder to the pot and mix everything well.
- Give it a taste and add the coconut nectar if necessary.
- Top it with your favorite toppings and devour! 😆