So here comes the dessert number 2 and the last recipe of this VEGAN CHRISTMAS series. Before revealing this delicious carrot cake recipe, I would like to thank my dear Karen from Health Seed Concept for doing this with me, it was definitely a wonderful experience and I promise you that we will be doing more collaborations in the future.
Ok. We saw this spiced carrot cake recipe on the web and was drooling over it. However, since it is not vegan, we have to do a few adaptation and testing with it. Luckily, it turned out to be pretty good indeed. And the best thing is that, it tastes and smells so Christmassy 🎄 This cake is good for sharing in a party, as a comforting breakfast in the morning or a pick you up sweet treat in the middle of the day. You can either top it be some coconut whipped cream or simply some coconut milk with vanilla powder.
1 cup raw sugar
2 Vegan Eggs (I used Neat Eggs)
Grated orange zest
⅓ cup olive oil
200 g coconut milk
2 carrots, grated
2 cups gluten-free flour mix
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground nutmeg
½ tsp cardamom
A few cloves, freshly ground
Top with Coconut Milk + Vanilla Powder (mixed together)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Whisk together the sugar, egg replacement and orange zest.
- Add in the olive oil, coconut milk and carrots and mix together.
- Sieve into the mixture all the dry ingredients and fold in until it all comes together.
- Pour mixture into a bundt tin and pop into the oven for 30 minutes or until skewer comes out clean.
- Pop out of the tin and cool on a wire rack.