I used to eat a lot of Pandan desserts when I was small. However, it is quite hard to find fresh pandan leaves here in Hong Kong. So, if I want to make desserts with pandan flavor, I can only use the pandan extracts, which is full of chemicals and refined sugar and I definitely will prevent using this kind of stuff. Luckily, I finally found an online grocery shop selling fresh pandan leaves in HK! After ordering some from Jou Sun, the leaves were delivered to my doorstep on the same day! What a convenient service for such an improvised person like me 💚🙆🏻♀️ I immediately made some pandan extracts from the leaves and whipped up a batch of raw pandan coconut cookies. Pandan and coconuts are absolutely a match made in heaven and you can never go wrong with this combination.
Apart from this raw cookie, I also love to add the pandan extract to my daily green smoothie, coconut porridge (YUM!), raw cakes, banana ice cream and also pancakes! Stay tuned for a series of PANDAN recipes 😚
10 pandan leaves
1/2 cup coconut water
Raw Pandan Cookies
- For the pandan extract, chop the leaves into small pieces.
- Place them together with coconut water in a food processor and process until smooth
- Use a nut milk bag to strain the mixture and collect the extract for later use
- For the cookies, place everything into a high-speed blender (I used Vitamix) and blend until everything holds together like a dough. You may need to add some water to get them stick together
- Take out 1 tsp of the dough and roll it into a ball, slightly press it down on a lined baking tray to make it looks like a cookie
- Continue on the rest of the dough
- Sprinkle anything you like on top as decoration, here I used cranberry powder, raw cacao nibs and hemp seeds
- Enjoy 💚