The other day I came across Mr. Green Juice‘s products because of my friend’s collaboration with them, and I was immediately attracted by their amazing glass bottles. After meeting with Nicole from MGJ and having learnt more about their brand, I decided to collaborate with MGJ to create a series of vegan and gluten-free recipes exclusively for them. All of their juices and nut milks are made from seasonal, organic vegetables and never pasteurized. Most importantly, they use hydraulic press to fully extract juice from organic vegetables and fruits. I love their concept of using local vegetables whenever possible and all of the ingredients used are organic.
After browsing through their list of products, I suggested that we start with the Vegan French Toast using the Golden Milk. The Golden Milk is basically almond milk with cardamom, cinnamon, turmeric, black pepper, maple syrup and coconut oil. I chose this to make the French toast because its color resembles that of the non-vegan french toast batter. Moreover, the spices, such as cinnamon, turmeric and cardamom, in the Golden Milk helps add some kick to the french toast, giving it another layer of flavor.
2 slices of vegan and gluten-free brown rice bread
1 Tbsp Neat Egg mix
2 Tbsp water
1 tsp coconut sugar
1/2 cup Golden Milk from Mr. Green Juice
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp WILD virgin coconut oil for frying
1/4 cup raw coconut yogurt (or any non dairy yogurt)
1 Tbsp Arctic Power Berries cranberry powder
- Mix 2 Tbsp of water with 1 Tbsp of Neat Egg. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Add other ingredients (except the bread) to the vegan egg mixture. Stir well until everything is mixed together.
- Soak the two slices of bread into the mixture for 30 seconds on each side.
- Set the heat to medium and pre-heat the pan.
- When the pan is hot enough, add 1 tsp of coconut oil to the pan.
- Gently place the bread on the pan and fry until the bread becomes golden brown (around 2 minutes). Carefully flip and cook until the other side is golden brown as well (another 2 minutes).
- When the bread is frying, mix 1 Tbsp of cranberry powder with 1/4 cup raw coconut yogurt
- When the French toast is ready, pour the pink coyo on top of the toast and topped with desired toppings. Here I used dried mulberries and pomegranate seeds.