Friends of mine will know that I am a big fan of chia seeds. I use them nearly every day by adding them to my daily smoothie bowls, making chia seed pudding and using them as an egg replacement in baking or pancake-making. And few weeks ago, I came across this amazing Chia Burger bun recipe from The Indie Broccoli and I told myself that I must make this asap. This bun is beautifully simple, quick and naturally gluten-free (as it was made with millet, buckwheat and chia seeds).
2 Tbsp Chia seeds
200 ml + 200 ml water (separated)
1/2 cup buckwheat flour
1/2 cup millet flour
1/2 cup ground flaxseeds
1 Tbsp psyllium husk powder
3 tsp Baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 Tbsp coconut oil (optional)
- Mix 2 Tbsp chia seeds with 200 ml water, let it sit for 10 minutes
- In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients.
- Add the chia gel and coconut oil (if you are using) into the bowl, mix well and let it sit for 20 minutes
- Preheat oven to 200°C
- Roll the dough into 6 ball and place them on a lined baking tray
- Bake them in the oven for 45 minutes and ta-daa! You’ve just made yourself some scrumptious gluten-free buns 😋🍔