It has been extremely hot and stuffy in Hong Kong, so I always want something light and refreshing for lunch! To me, summer is full of colors and fun. I like to design vibrant salads, hence this Rainbow Buddha Bowl. 🌈 Not only because of this reason, but also because when you “Eat the Rainbow“, the color of your food can tell you a lot about its nutritional value, and by eating a variety of colors, you are able to get as many of those vitamins and minerals as possible.
This Rainbow Buddha Bowl is simple, refreshing, nutritious and perfect as packed lunch.
1/2 medium size beetroot
1/2 yellow zucchini
1 1/2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp liquid amino
1 tsp coconut nectar
1 portobello mushroom
1/2 ripe avocado
Pinch of Himalaya salt and black pepper
2 Tbsp + 2 Tbsp Tofunaise (recipe here)
- In a small bowl, mix together the balsamic vinegar, coconut nectar and liquid amino
- Clean the surface of the Portobello mushroom using a kitchen paper
- Gently brush the marinate onto both sides of the Portobello and leave it aside for at least 3 hours for the marinate to be absorbed (you can also bake it right away, but then the flavor will not have enough time to develop)
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Bake the mushroom in the oven for 10 minutes on each side (20 minutes in total)
- Place the yellow zucchini on the spiralizer and make zoodles
- Add 2 Tbsp tofunaise
- Peel and wash the beetroot. Make beetroot noodles using a spiralizer
- Add 2 Tbsp tofunaise and mix well
- Mashed half of the avocado using a fork, mix with a pinch of salt and black pepper
- Assemble the bowl as shown and enjoy!