Dessert for breakfast? Why not?
Some of my regular followers may already have noticed that coconut porridge has become one of my breakfast obsession these days, as it taste so good and fuel me up for the morning work! Having a warm bowl of porridge topped with my favorite vibrant fruits means a lot to me, especially in the morning. After all, isn’t it the best way to start your day with a beautiful, nutritious and delectable breakfast? 😆
Hence, I’m starting to explore more and more different flavors of the coconut porridge. Apart from the matcha, mocha, mango baobab flavors that are already on the blog and are some of my favorites, I also developed a NEW purple berry coconut porridge recipe which not only tastes exactly the same as a piece of berry coconut cake, but it makes me so happy just by looking at it. Do you feel the same way as I do? ☺️
3 Tbsp coconut flour
2 Tbsp shredded coconuts
1 package Blueberries (125g)
3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/4 cup water
1 small green apple (or 1/2 large one)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla powder
1 heaped tsp baobab powder
1 tsp Arctic Power Berries Cranberry powder (made from 100% cranberries!)
- Shred the zucchini and cut the green apple into chunks
- Add almond milk, coconut flour and shredded coconut in a pot at medium heat. Stir well and bring to a boil.
- Add 1/4 of water to the mixture if it is too dry. Mix well and bring to another boil. (water will be released from the zucchini once you added them to the pot, so don’t worry too much when you see the mixture being a bit on dry side)
- Turn to low heat and add the green apple chunks and shredded zucchini to the pot.
- Mix the ingredients well in the pot and allow it to simmer in the pot for around 3 minutes. Keep stirring from time to time to prevent the bottom from burning.
- Add the blueberries to the porridge mixture, keep simmering the porridge until it turns into an appealing and lovely PURPLE color <3
- Turn the heat off, add cinnamon powder, vanilla powder, cranberry powder and baobab powder to the pot and mix everything well.
- Top with your favorite toppings and enjoy! Congratulations on treating yourself an awesome and super nutritious breakfast, your body will definitely thank you on this <3 Here I used some cherries, apricots, figs and plums, with a sprinkle of some Arctic Power Berry sea buckthorn powder, raw cacao nibs and bee pollen.