My Sundays are always reserved for pancakes, coz there’s nothing better than having a stack of healthy and delicious pancakes for brunch at home right? 🤪 Yesterday I remade my Fluffy Chickpea Pancake Recipe with some fine-tunings, which also means IMPROVEMENTS! This time I made half of the batter with Matcha Maiden‘s matcha powder and hemp protein powder; the other half with Big Tree Farm‘s raw cacao powder and coconut nectar. The final product is just so fluffy and delicious, with the matcha pairing up super well with the chocolate pancakes. These are so easy to flip, no sticking on the pan and will by no means cause a mess in the kitchen 😃
coconut oil for cooking
- Prepare 2 flax eggs separately by combining 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseeds in a small bowl with 3 tablespoons of warm water and mix well. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Add the almond milk, coconut nectar and flax eggs to the dry mixture.
- Mix well. Add more almond milk if the batter is too thick. The consistency should be similar to that of guacamole.
- Preheat a non-stick pan on medium heat. Add a little bit of coconut oil to the pan.
- Add about a 1/4 cup of batter to the pan for each pancake. Cook for a about the 1.5 minute on one side, flip and cook for one more minute on the other side.
- Layer with fresh fruits in between layers of pancakes.
- Meanwhile, thin out the hemp seed butter by adding water to it tsp by tsp, until you obtain a pourable mixture.
- Generously smear the top layer of the pancake with hemp seed butter and let the excessive amount of hemp seed sauce flow down the edge of the pancakes.
- Top with your choice of toppings and enjoy with your beloved ones 💕