Although my love for smoothie is overwhelming, I won’t have smoothie every morning. As according to the concept of traditional Chinese medicine, having too much raw food (especially in the morning is too “cold” for asian people’s bodies) is not good for your body. Therefore, I usually have smoothie every other day, and on the other days when I was not having smoothie breakfast, porridge is one of my favorite choices.
Having a warming bowl of porridge, no matter oats, buckwheat or coconut porridge, is so comforting and help me fuel for a hardworking day ahead. These days, I have been experimenting with different porridge flavors, such as mocha and mango baobab. Today, I created another porridge recipe using Matcha Maiden‘s matcha powder and Aduna‘s moringa powder. Filled with superfood goodness, I can’t wait to share this recipe with you 💚
3 Tbsp coconut flour (I used the one from Bob’s Red Mill)
2 Tbsp shredded coconut
3/4 cup unsweetened almond mylk
1/4 cup water
1 apple, chopped
1/2 zucchini (shredded)
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 heaped tsp Baobab powder ( I used the one from Aduna)
1/2 tsp Matcha Maiden matcha powder
1/2 tsp Aduna‘s moringa powder
- Add almond mylk, coconut flour and shredded coconut in a pot at medium heat. Stir well and bring to a boil.
- Add 1/4 of water to the mixture if it is too dry. Mix well and bring to another boil. (water will be released from the zucchini once you added them to the pot, so don’t worry too much when you see the mixture being a bit on dry side)
- Turn to low heat and add the apple chunks and shredded zucchini to the pot.
- Mix the ingredients well in the pot and allow it to simmer in the pot for around 5 minutes. Keep stirring from time to time to prevent the bottom from burning.
- Add the mango chunks and cinnamon powder to the porridge mixture and stir slightly
- Turn the heat off, add matcha powder, moringa powder and baobab powder to the pot and mix everything well until the porridge turns to an amazing GREEN color 😛
- Top with your favorite toppings and enjoy! I sprinkled some Arctic Power Berry cranberry powder on top of my porridge bowl