Last Sunday was Father’s Day. I planned to make a special treat for my dad a long while ago. However, given that I was really busy these days, I wasn’t able to make a decent raw cake for him that I originally planned to. My dad loves cheesecake but cheesecake isn’t really healthy, especially since my dad has diabetes. So, I whipped up the recipe of this raw vegan lemon tart that tastes even better than cheesecake (according to some tasters 😉).
I’m really proud of myself in creating this recipe as everyone LOVE this tart so much. I really feel satisfied and pleasant in seeing people’s happy faces after their first bite of this tart. And again, same as most of my recipes, this one is simple and only require few ingredients.
This recipe makes three 4″ and three 2.7″ tarts, or you can make a large one.
1 cup raw cashews (soaked overnight)
Juice from 1 lemon
1 tsp lemon zest (optional)
1/2 tsp vanilla powder
1 tsp Aduna baobab powder
70 ml hemp milk (hemp seeds from Lariese Purely Organic)
3 Tbsp Big Tree Farms coconut nectar
Matcha powder (I used the one from Matcha Maiden)
- For the crust, place the brazil nuts into a food processor and process until coarsely ground. Add in the soaked dates and continue to process until a doughy mixture is formed.
- Line the tart mould with clear wraps and pressed the crust mixture to the lined tart moulds firmly.
- Place the tart base into the freezer while you make the fillings.
- For the fillings, put everything into a high-speed blender (I used Vitamix) and blend until a silky smooth mixture is obtained.
- Pour the filling into the hardened tart base. Smooth out the top and pop them into the freezer for at least 3 hours (overnight is the best)
- Top with matcha powder, sultana, bee pollen, dried figs and/or lemon zest. Thaw for around 15 minutes before serving 🙂
- Enjoy 💛