This purple sweet potato sushi is always in my lunch box as they can be easily prepared, perfect for a quick lunch at work, filling, nutritious and colourful. Every time when I open my lunch box, I have a pleasant feeling just by looking at those lovely sushi 🍣
Special thanks to HappyAndHealthy96 for this recipe! 💜
This recipe makes 1 roll of sushi to serve one person
1 medium purple sweet potato
1/2 ripe avocado
1/4 cup red capsicum
1/4 cup yellow capsicum
Note: you can also use other veggies such as cucumber, beetroots and carrots.
1 tsp coconut amino
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
1/2 tsp coconut nectar
- Boil the sweet potato in a large pot of water for 20 minutes.
- Take the sweet potato out, set aside and let it cool completely.
- Remove the skin of the sweet potato and mash it with a fork.
- Set it aside and place in the fridge for bout 30 minutes to dry the moisture from the sweet potato. Otherwise, the sushi will become soggy.
- On a sushi mat, place a nori sheet. Take the mashed sweet potato on top of the nori sheet and spread it evenly.
- Place a thin row of filling ingredients across the middle of the rice.
- Hold the edge of the mat closest to you then lift and roll away from you, covering the filling.
- Once the sushi has been rolled into a cylindrical roll, dampen the edge of the seaweed with a little water to seal.
- Chill the roll until firm (around 10 minutes)
- In the meantime, mix the ingredients of the dipping sauce in a small bowl. Set aside for later use.
- In a tall cup, prepare a cup of boiling water. Immerse a sharp knife into the water for 5 seconds. Dry it with a kitchen paper, cut the sushi into pieces and serve with the dipping sauce.
- Enjoy 💜