As some of you might have already known that I have been working as an internship recently. Everyday after work, I would be busy in the kitchen preparing my lunch for the other day. Consequently, I have been exploring many different recipes and new lunch ideas that I can’t wait to share with all of you. Last week, I made a coconut flour zucchini banana protein bread (they look more like protein bars in fact) with Sun Warrior’s Raw Vegan Protein powder added. I have been using Sun Warrior’s protein powder for quite a long while during my marathon training and found it one of the best one I’ve tried so far. What’s more, it’s absolutely a perfect way to sneak in some protein into your meals when you are busy.
This recipe makes one loaf, and is adapted from Casey’s Wholesome Kitchen.
3/4 cup coconut flour
1 small zucchini, shredded
1 ripe banana, mashed
10 soaked, pitted dates
3 chia eggs (3 Tbsp of grounded chia seeds mix with 9 Tbsp water)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 scoop of Sun Warrior’s Raw Vegan Protein powder
1 tsp psyllium husk powder
1/4 cup almond milk
1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat your oven to180°C
- Line a rectangular bread pan with parchment
- Soak the pitted dates in water for about 30 minutes until soft
- Make the chia eggs by adding 3 tbsp ground chia seeds with 9 tbsp water for about 10 minutes until gelled
- In a large bowl, combine coconut flour, baking powder, psyllium husk powder, protein powder, cinnamon and salt and whisk until combined
- Shred your zucchini and set aside for later use
- Place the soaked dates together with the ripe banana in a small food processor and process until smooth. You may need to add a bit of water to help them smooth out.
- Add the date-banana mixture to the wet ingredients and whisk to combine.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet, and mix until combined and the flour is absorbed. The dough will be very thick.
- Place the dough in the pan and flatten it out using a spatula
- Bake in the oven at 180°C for about 40-45 minutes, or until the top is browned.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for about 15 minutes in the pan, then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- Slice it up and let it cool completely.
- Enjoy 💕