Stir-fried quinoa is a good meal-prep dish and is full of plant-based protein! It’s also perfect to pack for school or work lunch or serve with salads! The best thing about stir-fried dish is that it is highly customisable, which means you can use whatever veggies or grains or proteins you have and experiment with different combinations. Below is my favorite concoction for your reference 😆 It’s also a very good alternative to fried rice!
1 Tbsp of oil of your own choice (Here I used coconut oil)
2 cups mixed veggies of your choice(Here I used celery, zucchini, red cabbage and okra)
1 cup of cooked quinoa
1/2 cup tempeh
1 clove of garlic Sauce
1/4 tsp of tumeric
1/2 tsp of cumin
1/2 tsp of paprika
1/4 cup of water
Salt, black pepper to taste
2 Tbsp of nutritional yeast
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Add coconut oil to the pan.
- Mix cumin, paprika and tumeric in a small bowl. Add the water and stir well. Put aside for later use.
- When the oil is hot, add the garlic to the pan and fried for about 30 seconds until you smell the scent of garlic.
- Now, reduce the heat to medium. Add the tempeh to the pan until both sides of the tempeh become slightly golden brown.
- Add 1/3 of the cumin, paprika, tumeric mixture to the tempeh and continue to fry until all the water has been absorbed.
- Add in the mixed veggies to the pan and fry for 1 minute.
- Add the remaining sauce mixture and fry until most water are gone.
- Reduce the heat to low and add nutritional yeast and salt. Stir well.